Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Rapid Fire: 5 Easy Bullets of Yesterday's Happenings

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/
Sleep through yesterday? That's weird. Here's what you missed:
  • Devil's beat the Rangers 4-1 thanks to Zach Parise's 2 goal and an assist performance. The soon to be UFA helped tie the series 2-2. 
    • Rupp was rude
    • Pete DeBoer isn't the media. Meaning, John Tortorella said more than one word to him when things got nasty between benches.
    • Pete DeBoer looks like Kevin Spacey in Se7en. 
  • The Thunder eliminated the Lakers in 5, despite 42 pts from Kobe.
    • Kobe's running out of time to catch Michael. 
    • Russell Westbrook did this. Cool bro. 
    • My friends and I are of the opinion Russell Westbrook looks like a frog.
  • The Celtic's beat the 76ers 101-85, and are up 3-2 in the series. 
    • Think they have a shot to beat the Heat (assuming they advance)? 
    • Someone lit a fire under Brandon's Bass. He had a team high 27 pts.
    • Rondo had 14 assists, he's a crazy good passer. 
    • Kevin Garnett looks (and acts) like Venom to me.  
  • Stan Van Gundy was finally fired. Magic GM Otis Smith got the axe as well.
    • Coaching Dwight Howard and the Magic these past years must have felt like purgatory for Stan. I imagine he's not too upset to be gone. 
    • I know nothing about Otis Smith, except for that I heard a halftime interview with him once. He's pretty charismatic, and wears cool glasses. I can only assume they're from Malaysia
    • I had to google Stan Van Gundy look-a-likes. This is what I got. Don't judge me. 
  • The Dodgers and Red Sox have each won 8 of their last 10. 
    • Yet the Dodgers are first in their division, while the Red Sox are tied for last in theirs. 
    • The Dodgers look like a playoff contender. They do have arguably the best pitcher, and hitter in the game. 
    •  The Red Sox look like they're paying $173 million for a lot of disappointment. Again. 


No comments:

Post a Comment