Thursday, June 7, 2012

A Quick Defense of LBJ


Ok, I admit it. I'm a LeBron James sympathizer. I don't know why because I usually don't like "the best" in a sport. Don't like Tiger all that much, hate Federer and Nadal, hate Brady. But after the whole 'Decision' debacle, I looked past the lame intro party the Big Three threw and enjoyed watching the transcendent talent that LBJ displayed on a general, night in, night out basis.

He went about the free agency process the wrong way I agree. But he just wanted to avoid carrying the load 99.9% like he had to do in Cleveland every night.

Does Durant carry the the scoring load every night? No, he has two or three other All-Star caliber players on his team. The Celtics have a Big Four, who support and complement each other very nicely. The Spurs have three guys who play breath-taking European-style basketball.

LeBron just wanted a little help like the stars on those teams eventually received. Antawn Jamison and Mo Williams aren't exactly Russell Westbrook and Ray Allen are they? That's the best Cleveland could do in 7 years? I don't blame him for leaving.

It's also pretty laughable when people say LeBron isn't clutch. His 4th quarter percentages are very similar to Kobe, Durant, Pierce, (insert other star player who shoots at the end of the game here). It's just that as soon as LeBron misses one last second shot in a playoff series, everyone attacks him like he just robbed a bank.

I guess I just find myself cheering for LeBron to win his first ring so people will start to realize all of his successes rather than his failures.

We'll see what happens tonight I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment